Wednesday, April 13, 2005

PFO: Checker Scarf

Last night I cast on the blue and brown hat and was sitting in bed working on it, semi-watching the [lame] Miss USA Pageant when I dozed off. I woke up at some point and realized that the show was over and the few rounds I had done were in 2x2 rib instead of the 1x1 rib that I had swatched. The day job is a pressure cooker these days and it sure showed last night.

I think the last thing I remember was the swimsuit exhibition and being amazed at how humungous all the girls' boobs were. Completely surreal.

So, I managed to frog back, re-work my cast on, and get a few more stitches out before I went back to sleep, but I haven't looked at it since, so I'm not sure what I will find when I get it out later and try to get a few more rows on before bed.

Hopefully the hat will be in some kind of shape for photographing by the end of the week. Meanwhile, I present a Previously Finished Object: the scarf I made back in February for my friend Jim when he was diagnosed with cancer:


The scarf is about 7" wide and 65" long.




It is Cascade 220, knit with a double strand on 10 1/2 needles. I love the wide range of colors this yarn comes in, and I also really like the deep, luminous, solid quality of the color.




Here is a close-up of the stitch. If anyone knows a proper name for this checkerboard pattern please let me know.




This is more accurate with respect to color.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home