Friday, May 06, 2005

Blue Hat I: Not My Best Knitting

Since I can't seem to get it together with all the photos I wanted to blog from last weekend's trip to San Diego, I will just throw together a few shots of Todd and me modeling the blue and brown beanie that I finished on Friday night at Ed's. I still hope to get the photos up sometime tomorrow afternoon.


Later this summer you'll witness the transformation of that mess in the background!

I did accomplish some worthwhile goals with this hat. I finally figured out how to work a stripe in the round and then bring the old color up one row so the stripe doesn't stagger when you join it back together. That had puzzled me for a some time and I'm glad to have figured it out.



Look how hard I worked to get the decreases as uneven and random looking as possible!

Also, even though this is just crappy acrylic yarn [Patons' Canadiana, to be precise] and not my best knitting, I'm extremely happy to have knit myself a beanie with a good overall look and fit. I've hardly had the thing off my head all week! I have a drawer full of store-bought beanies, and I am very excited to gradually replace them with better, hand-knit versions.



At the last second I decided to add a 4th stripe.

I swear that stray blue stitch wasn't there the other day! Where'd that come from?

So emboldened was I from the success of my blue and brown acrylic hat, that I bought a skein of dark blue alpaca yarn at a shop in San Diego, along with some other goodies, for my next hat! Stay tuned for updates.


"Woof!"

1 Comments:

Blogger birdfarm said...

I love your dog! (I like the hat, but I'm not a knitter--I'm a dog person). He's beautiful. Is he part pit? Part Australian cattle dog? What a beautiful sweet face. I could just kiss him right on the screen.

(I'm away from home & missing my 3 dogs!)

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home