Monday, April 18, 2005

Booby's Back!

Shout it out loud:

PAUL THE DOG IS THE GREATEST DOG IN THE WORLD!




Paul Facts:

Breed: Pit Bull/Bassett Hound

Age: 3 1/2

Nicknames: Paul the Dog, Paul Baby, Mr. Booby

Likes: Chasing cats, catching mice, barking at mailman, sleeping on the bed.

Dislikes: Baths, shots, sharing the chair with younger brother Todd.

Favorite toy: Anything that causes humans or other dogs to give chase.




I had wanted a dog for a long time, but when I finally picked him out at the rescue shelter and got him home [and agonized and struggled and consulted a dog trainer and finally got him to stop peeing in the house] I came to realize that Dog really is Man's best friend.




I would do anything for that little guy.




My predictions of the veterinary emergency pretty much came true, except that it cost more than that. Oh well. I've wasted more hard earned cash on far less worthwhile exploits, and I'm just glad to have Mr. Booby back where he belongs.





And another thing: what was I thinking, saying that I would knit while I waited at the veterinary ER? First, there's Paul, hurt and on the leash but still curious about all the other animals and smells, then there's Todd, who is bigger than Paul, and younger and more puppy-like, [along for moral support, and because he has never been home all alone and I wouldn't trust him if I left him alone] and who's not hurt at all and is REALLY curious about all the other animals and smells. So I'm wrangling these two dogs and sitting there in this not unpleasant but still animal-smelling and animal-filled crowded waiting room, wishing that I could pull that brown and blue hat out of my bag, but knowing that it would end up in disaster if I tried it. Don't get me wrong, the two of them behaved themselves very well, all things considered. But knit? Forget it.

Anyone out there know of a really good dog sweater pattern?


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also rescued a basset/pit bull mix!! i didn't think i would find another one out there!! I have had Marvin(named after the martian)for four days and they said he was housebroken but ummmmm he's not. I can't wait to get over this little hurdle!! lol

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home