Saturday, April 16, 2005

PFO: Striped Sweater

THIS IS MY FIRST SWEATER AND I AM PROUD OF IT!



- modeled by yours truly -


I figured it was enough to learn how to pick up and knit the neck and armhole edging, and how to sew up a seam, that I didn't need to add sleeves to the learning curve, yet.

Thus, the vest.

My genius little sister Al gave me a ball each of the colors in Lion Kool Wool for Christmas. [if she had it together with her website I would link to it here. Not that anyone's reading this, but what the heck. Let's all encourage her with that, ok?] I had started the sweater, and was almost all the way up the back, when I ran out of yarn. That was on the plane on my way home from our Christmas get-together at Emily's.

So, I had to order more yarn online, because no one anywhere remotely near me sells Kool Wool. You'd think you could walk into any Michael's or JoAnn Fabric and pick the stuff up, but no.

Anyway, it wasn't unitl I was on the plane again, coming back to L.A. from Grandpa Dersch's funeral about a month ago that I finished it. I walked onto the plane with an unfinished sweater vest, and walked off the plane wearing it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know I was a genius! I'll have to add that to my resume.
Hooray! Cool sweater.
Love Al.

6:56 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

That looks fantastic! I especially love those seams!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Miss said...

Thats awsome that you knit! I dont see too many guys wanting to learn to knit ever... knitting isnt just for old grandmas anymore :D

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home