Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I'm Back with Pictures

Hi Friends!

I'm back with great news: I'm going to be teaching drawing full-time at a local city college starting in the fall.

Here's how it happened:

The beginning of the summer turned out to be extremely difficult and demanding on me, for a variety of reasons. Then, I saw a light at the end of the tunnel. It wasn't the end of the tunnel after all, and it wasn't an oncoming train either. It was a guy with a flashlight, looking for something.

"What are you looking for?" I asked.

"I'm looking for someone to teach drawing to a bunch of kids at city college this fall. Know anyone who can do that?"

"Yep," I replied, "look no further, I'm your man."

And that was pretty much it.

Changes are afoot! This is a big step for me. I've taught before but never full-time.

-----------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, I got to spend a recent afternoon driving around Chicago.

I made a pilgrimage stop at Frank Lloyd Wright's Robie House on the South side of town.


If you think its hard to assemble a composite photo, try doing one of a Frank Lloyd Wright house! Not easy.



This one is a rough draft.

So I'm back. Sorry about the long absence.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I love that Robie House. Have you checked out Unity Temple? Its a few blocks from the Robie. Did I get that right? Or is that in Oak Park.
Have you visited the endangered concrete block Wright house in LA? I'd seriously love to see that before it disappears forever like Midway Gardens.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Wilma Fingerdu said...

love those collages...

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home